Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lovey Missing! Huge Reward If Found!





I can't believe I'm even writing these words.... we lost our dear, sweet Lovey today. We had him on our stroll to the commissary, and we had him when we got back (I think). I know I checked to make sure Jack was still holding on to him as we walked back.... but that's the last time I remember seeing him. I didn't realize he was gone until dinner. Jack had a minor Jack-attack when I wouldn't give him his "sauce" (applesauce) until he ate his peas and chicken. He kept asking for his "wuv." I didn't really start looking for him until I was ready to put Jack to bed. Oh my! I thought it was going to be bad. I got this nervous feeling in my stomach... like I was about to have to tell him his pet died or something. I put him in his pack-n-play and read him some books, hoping he wouldn't notice who was missing. I even let him take his "choo-choo" to bed in hopes of distracting him...of course I'll get it out when he's asleep. He isn't crying right now, so maybe we'll be okay tonight. He is pretty tired. We went over to the indoor playplace at the other base and he had a grand time. We'll have to retrace our steps tomorrow.... hmmmm..... will he understand if I tell him Lovey got too cold and flew to the tropics?

1 comment: