Sunday, November 16, 2008
BIG Boo-Boo
On Saturday we had our first trip to the ER for a BIG boo-boo for Jack. We were outside playing at the playground and decided to come in to get something to eat. As I was pulling the stroller through the door (he was standing beside me) his left ring finger got stuck as the door began to close. It looked awful.... and I'm not just saying that because my stomach turns at the sight of blood, or because I'm his mommy.... it really was bad. If you can imagine, the tip looked flat with a big bulb on top. We rushed him to the ER and they gave him some Motrin (the trusted Airforce cure-all) and did x-rays. He was such a champ! He cried a lot, and then fell asleep on Michael's shoulder. They put his litttle finger in a splint and set us up with a follow-up with an orthopedic on Mon. On Mon. the doc confirmed what the ER doc thought... he has a fracture at the tip of his left ring finger. He taped it up and sent us on our way. He said it will take about four weeks to heal. Jack doesn't act like it bothers him one bit. He has been jumping and running and he's back to his old self (thank goodness!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! I hope he heals fast.
ReplyDelete