Friday, June 27, 2008

I want my bubbles!

Bubbles are the coolest thing in the world at our house right now. In fact, they are so cool that the we have two different kinds of bubbles. We have "inside" bubbles and "outside" bubbles. Today Jack and I got into a major battle of wills. He insisted that we blow the "outside" bubbles inside. He kept bringing them to me and literally went into a full out tantrum when I wouldn't blow them. Of course, I could have easily given in... but, as our favorite mentor and playgroup leader at the EDIS clinic says... "We are the parents... We are the BOSS!" So, today I put that ideology into practice. I did everything the books say to do. He sat on the floor beside me and screamed and kicked. I sat blissfully blowing our "inside" bubbles. Jack would NOT give in. He didn't care that I was having fun... (not really?) After about 15 minutes he decided that he was no longer interested in the bubbles at all and moved his attention to coloring. THANK GOODNESS!! I was sure I was going to be there all day pretending to have fun blowing "inside" bubbles by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment